Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Worship Opens Doors...

I was reading Psalm 34 this morning and I was blindsided by a great phrase Eugene Peterson uses to translate verse 9 - check it out: "Worship God if you want the best; worship opens doors to all His goodness" - wow! That phrase has stuck with me...that when we give God the worship from our very depths it opens doors to the very best life has to offer. Sometimes I treat the worship of God way to unimportant. Worship should be center in everything we do whether working, playing, resting, etc. I want God's best - and, I think many would agree with me. Let's be 24/7/365 worshippers y'all! It's the KEY to open the doors to God's best!

1 comment:

Bill Lewis said...

I've always liked Ps 34. I paraphrased it a couple months ago and ended up writing a song called "Always" based on all the actions that are ascribed to God within the psalm. The one thing in 34 that we're always supposed to be doing is praising him - that sounds a bit cheesy, I know...