Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Generation EX

I recently spoke at my church (Common Ground Church) on the touchy subject of divorce, and, specifically, being an adult child of divorce. Since that message, I've had a lot of people comment about their experiences and how they believe divorce has effected them. I am beginning to notice that kids of divorce who find and commit to following Jesus seem to be working through life better than those who do not have a relationship with Christ. God's power not only can create something (like Earth!) from nothing, it can also heal brokeness from divorce. I've been reading through the Psalms and finding comfort from phrases about God healing brokeness, protecting His children and defending those who love Him from all kinds of evil. There is a God who cares about what we care about! He cares about what is hurting us! Pslam 55:22 says, "Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let teh righteous be shaken."

No comments: