Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Return to the Psalms

I just finished another class towards my master's degree from Hope International University, and, it was a great class focused on Psalms.  What struck me about the class was the reality that a good portion of the songs, hymns and poetry of the Psalms comes in the form of lament.  When do we lament in our corporate worship gatherings on Sundays?  Where do we voice our honest complaints and concerns to God corporately?  Ancient Israel didn't seem to shy away from such raw emotion - why do we?  Isn't God big enough to handle our frustrations that the world is not quite what it is supposed to be?  I'm pondering how to put more of this ancient hymnbook into our modern worship environments...

Oh, this was a great article I read today...http://worshipleader.com/worship/the-psalms/

Ben

No comments: