Thursday, January 19, 2017

I would walk...15,000 miles???

I was doing some research on the walking situation that would have been the norm for travel in the first century and I ran across this article in Christianity Today:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/history/issues/issue-59/on-road.html


The article points out that Jesus likely logged 15,000 miles of walking in His short life.  Wow!

Those early followers of Christ walked!  Jesus walked.  People did some serious walking.  It makes me think that in our world, walking might just need a resurgence!  When we walk or hike, we're talking, observing, connecting with each other, with nature, with God's presence.  We are experiencing the natural world and our senses are engaged.

Maybe the most spiritual thing we might do this new year is endeavor to WALK more!  I know I am!

No comments: