Thursday, January 05, 2017

Stay-cation

From Christmas through New Years my family took a break from our normal routine of work and spent time resting.  During that time I was able to read 3 books - one of which I took several notes on called What God You Here Won't Get You There by Marshall Goldsmith.  A few notes I made were:

p82 We can’t see in ourselves what we can see so clearly in others.
p90 I won’t learn less (by hearing people out)
p154 There’s no on/off switch for caring, empathy and showing respect.  it’s always on.
p174  Helping people be right is more productive than proving them wrong!
p221 The great Western Culture disease lies in the phrase, “I will be happy when…"

Some good stuff to ponder here and some sound very familiar to the Biblical texts like...

Matthew 7:1-4  "Plank in your own eye first..."
James 1:19 "Be quick to listen..."
Galatians 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good..."
Matthew 20:16 "So the last will be first and the first will be last..."
John 10:10 "I have come that they may have life, and life to the full!"

No comments: