Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter in the NW

So one of the biggest weekends for churches all around the world occured...yes, Easter. Despite the bunnies, eggs, egghunts and the fact that it followed Washington's spring break, it felt like a great Saturday and Sunday at least for Common Ground Church. To see many of the volunteer's faces as they served the community at our Eggstravaganza was pretty cool. I watched our church really open up and talk to friends and neighbors and show that following Jesus isn't weird and that going to a church could be pretty fun. The overall attendance was a bit lower than I had hoped and prayed for, but, I know God was speaking and moving for those who came. In fact, one of the highlights for me was not only seeing my neighbors in church, but I also go ride to church with my family - for the first time in over 2 years! I prayed this morning that our church would continue to let God work in our homes, neighborhoods and friendships to draw more to know Him.

No comments: