Thursday, July 06, 2006

Prayer & Fasting

Of all my years of following Jesus, I think the hardest Spiritual practices or disciplines for me have been in these 2 areas. It's easier for me to read, study Scripture or listen to worship music and sing out to God than to stop what I'm doing, get alone or at least away from distractions and talk with God. Equally so, I've found that going without food has been difficult to do on a regular basis. I've decided recently to infuse more of these 2 practices in my weekly life. I'm definitely dwelling on God and His kingdom more as a result of this new venture. My desire is to drink in more of God and see that invigorate every area of my life. I even think this will then spread to my position as lead worshipper for my church and my other leadership responsibilities. I desire to know God in a way I've not known Him - Lord, open my heart, my schedule and my mind to the deeper waters You dwell in.

No comments: