Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Jury Duty in King County

So, I just finished up a '2' day jury duty assignment - my first ever. The process is quite interesting the first day especially if you get picked for a jury. It is really boring when you are waiting, and waiting, and waiting for the next case looking for jurors. I had to take a hardship on the first case I was up for due to a vacation 3 weeks away - the judge couldn't guarantee the attempted murder case would conclude by then. After that, it was waiting with a 100 or so other possible jurors hour after hour...wow. I would have really liked to have served on a jury for the experience, but, alas, for this time around, it wasn't meant to be. Now I get to enjoy that big paycheck - a whopping $10 a day for my services...McDonalds here I come!

No comments: