Sunday, March 05, 2006

Two For the Money

I just finished watching a film called Two for The Money with Al Pachino and Matthew McConaughey and I really felt like this movie captured the lie that addicts tell themselves...that somehow the next bet or trick or hit or whatever will make them complete. Why do we lie to ourselves and think that sin - whatever it might be, will EVER satisfy the longings of our hearts? ONLY GOD CAN DO THIS. Even though the film has some moments that are not necessary - a bit too graphic - the story is told well. I just wanted to put that out there - it engaged my mind at the end of a pretty long day of preaching and teaching and leading worship for church. Only God can really satisfy our needs. I could say that again...only GOD can satisfy our deepest longings.

No comments: