Monday, January 20, 2014

Day NINETEEN of Daniel Fast 2014

Day 19 - just a few days left on the fast.  As I got up yesterday to prepare for the church gathering,  I realized that this fast had truly raised my daily awareness of God's presence and His provision for me and my family.  There is so much to be thankful for that we take for granted over and over again.  Here I am getting to choose my daily food and many around the globe cannot make any such choice.  We are the rich Jesus warns in the Scriptures to keep an open hand toward those who are orphans, widows and those who cannot meet basic needs.  In that way, as Paul writes Timothy, we are rich toward God.

God, may my heart be broken for those who don't have their basic needs met.  May it bother me and bring me divine discontent until I am moved to act.  Open my eyes to the need daily.

No comments: