Friday, January 03, 2014

Day THREE of Daniel Fast 2014

This year I'm focused on prayer.  With that I'm reading and meditating on prayer ideas from the past and present.  Prayers like the Jesus Prayer, Hesychastic prayer, prayer circling (thanks to Mark Batterson and his book The Circle Maker) and even the ideas I picked up in Bible College like the A.C.T.S. format.  No matter what the 'technique', for me it takes an intentional pulling away from busy activity and allowing the time to be still and focused on God Almighty.  There's my challenge.  During the fast (and beyond for the year), this will be my aim.  The early church was devoted to prayer, and, more specifically 'the prayers' (set daily prayer times) and they encountered amazing God only miracles.  Maybe God has come miracles in store for me and for the church family I'm honored to lead?  May God provide new vision, guidance, confidence and even a taste of the miraculous this season!

No comments: