Monday, January 13, 2014

Day THIRTEEN of Daniel Fast 2014

I've been reading, praying and studying the John's Revelation in the New Testament during this fast as well as trying to absorb the writings and prayers of Thomas A Kempis.  Here is a passage that really hits home today for me:  "Behold, meat, drink, raiment, and all the other necessaries for the maintenance of the body, are burdensome unto a fervent spirit.  Grant me to use such refreshments moderately, and not to be entangled with an over-great desire of them.  To cast away all the things is not lawful, because nature is to be sustained; but to require superfluities, and those things that give the more delight, the holy Law forbiddeth; for then the flesh would wax wanton against the Spirit.  Herein, I beseech Thee, let Thy hand govern me and teach me, that there may be no excess."

Day 13.  almost to the 2 week mark.  I've lost weight and feel much more focused and healthy.  I wish my sleep would return to a more sustainable level though.

No comments: